Oleksandr "Alex" Tkachenko
Organization, Information and Learning Sciences
- Zimmerman Library 241
- (505) 277-7241
Oleksandr "Alex" Tkachenko joined the OILS program in August 2017 as a graduate from the PhD program in Human Resource Development (HRD) at the University of Minnesota, where he also received a PhD minor in Business Administration from the Carlson School of Management. Prior to joining the PhD program, Oleksandr had worked as a trainer, manager, and consultant in the Netherlands and in Ukraine. Oleksandr has published articles in such journals as Human Resource Development Review,The Journal of Workplace Learning, and Human Resource Development International.
- Tkachenko, O., & Ardichvili, A. (2017). Cultural-historical activity theory’s relevance to HRD: A review and application. Human Resource Development Review. 16(2), 135-157.
- Collins, J.C., Zarestky, J., & Tkachenko, O. (2017). An integrated model of Critical HRD and National HRD: Considering new possibilities for Human Resource Development. Human Resource Development International. 20(3), 236-252.
- Tkachenko, O., & Seashore Louis, K. (2017). Re-shaping the faculty: Emergence and development of “permanent-contingent” roles through the lens of cultural-historical activity theory. International Journal of Higher Education, 6(1), 140-152.
- Tkachenko, O., Hahn, H.J., & Peterson, S. (2016). Theorizing the research-practice gap in the field of management: A review of key frameworks and models. In C. Hughes and M. Gosney (Eds.). Bridging the Scholar-Practitioner Gap in Human Resources Development (pp. 101-119), Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Ardichvili, A., Zavyalova, E., & Tkachenko, O. (2016). HRD in Russia and the Former Soviet Union. In T. Garavan, A. McCarthy, and M. Morley (Eds.), Global Human Resource Development (pp. 289-306). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Tkachenko, O. (2015). Recognizing Eli Ginzberg and Human Resources: The Wealth of a Nation (1958): Where are the seeds of (national) HRD? Human Resource Development International, 18(1), 105-112.
- Rana, S., Ardichvili, A, & Tkachenko, O. (2014). A theoretical model of the antecedents and outcomes of employee engagement: Dubin’s method. Journal of Workplace Learning,26(3/4), 249-266.
- Tkachenko, O., & Ardichvili, A. (2013). Human capital development in Central and Eastern Europe: An analysis of trends and challenges facing Estonia, Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Slovenia. Human Resource Management (Zarzadzanie Zasobami Ludzkimi) [HRM(ZZL)],6(95), 67-88.