Organization, Information and Learning Sciences
OI&LS awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees and offers a large number of classes in an online environment focusing on adult learning; instructional design and technology; the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of training; organization development; knowledge management; distance education; eLearning and data management.
Earn a Doctor of Philosophy
The PhD in Organization, Information and Learning Sciences is a research degree. It is designed to develop the candidate’s competencies to design, conduct, and report original theoretical and applied research in learning sciences, eLearning, organizational learning and development, instructional technology, and human performance technology. The Program of Study and the Dissertation reflect an emphasis on theoretical concepts, inquiry skills, and original research.
New Master's Program Curriculum
The MA program has five concentrations to choose from. Each concentration requires 15 hours of core requirements and 15 hours of concentration requirements:
- Organizational Development and Human Resources
- Development Instructional Design and Technology
- Adult Education and Professional Development
- Learning Officer
Most Master’s level courses are offered in an 8-week format. Newly admitted students can begin at the start of any 8-week session. Find out more on the OI&LS website.
Undergraduate 2+2 Transfer Program
Instructional Technology & Training is a "2 + 2 Transfer Program" allowing a student to take two years of technical education from qualified institutions and add two years of UNM coursework to earn a Bachelor of Science.
Why is this program valuable in the current marketplace? Rapid technological advances and the global community have made corporate training a necessity. Did you know that:
- Over 34% of America's workforce receives corporate training each year.
- 1.3 billion hours are spent each year in the corporate classroom.
- More than $75 billion was expended on training in the USA in 1997 alone.
- This figure is predicted to double in the next several years of the new century.
The coursework not only provides a well-rounded education focusing on organizational learning and training, it also:
- Improves salary and benefits opportunities
- Enhances opportunities for advancement
- Expands employment opportunities reaching from local to international
- Broadens consulting prospects