Organization, Information and Learning Sciences
- Zimmerman Library 242
- (505) 277-2565
Dr. Victor Law received his
- Chen, C-H. K., Law, V., & Huang, K. (2019). The roles of engagement and competition on learner’s performance and motivation in game-based science learning. Educational Technology Research and Development, 67(4), 1003–1024.
- Huang, K., Law, V., & Lee, S.J. (online first). Role of learners’ epistemic beliefs in an online community of inquiry. British Journal of Educational Technology. Doi: 10.1111/bjet.12684
- Xie, K., Hensley, L., Law, V., & Sun, Z. (online first). Self-regulation as a function of emergent leadership and perceived cohesion in
smallgroup online collaborative learning. British Journal of Educational Technology. Doi: 10.1111/bjet.12594
- Tawfik, A.A., Law, V., Ge, X., Xing, W., & Kim, K. (2018). The effect of sustained vs. Faded scaffolding on students’ argumentation in ill-structured
problem solving.Computers in Human Behavior, 87, 436-449. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2018.01.035
- Huang, K., & Law, V. (2018). Learners’ engagement online in peer help. American Journal of Distance Education, 32(3), 177-189.
- Chen, C.-H., Law, V., & Chen, W.-Y. (2018). The effects of peer competition-based science learning game on secondary students’ performance, achievement goals, and perceived ability. Interactive Learning Environments, 26(2), 235-244.
- Huang, K., Ge, X., & Law, V. (2017). Deep and surface processing of
instructor’sfeedback in an online course. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 20(4), 247-260.
- Law, V. & Chen, C-H. K. (2016). Prompting science learning in game-based learning with question prompts and feedback. Computers and Education, 103, 134-143.
- Ge, X., Law, V., & Huang, K. (2016). Detangling the interrelationships between self-regulation and ill-structured
problem solvingin problem-based learning. The Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning, 10(2). Doi: 10.7771/1541-5015.1622
- Law, V., Ge, X., & Eseryel, D. (2016). Development of
a self-regulationin a social context scale in a collaborative problem-solving environment. Technology, Knowledge and Learning, 21(2), 243-253. Doi: 10.1007/s10758-016-9274-z
- Chen, C-H. K. & Law, V. (2016). Scaffolding individual and collaborative game-based learning in learning performance and intrinsic motivation. Computers in Human Behaviors.
- Eseryel, D, Law, V., Ifenthaler, D., Ge, X., & Miller, R. (2014). An investigation of the interrelationships between motivation, engagement, and complex
problem solvingin game-based learning. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 17(1), 42-53.
- Eseryel, D. & Law, V. (2012). Effect of cognitive regulation in understanding complex science systems during simulation-based inquiry learning. Technology, Instruction, Cognition, and Learning, 9(1-2), 111-132.
- Law, V., Ge, X & Eseryel, D. (2011). An Investigation of the development of a reflective virtual learning community in an ill-structured domain of instructional design. International Journal of Knowledge Management and E-Learning, 3(4), 513-533.
- Eseryel, D., Ge, X., Ifenthaler, D., & Law, V. (2011). Dynamic modeling as
cognitiveregulation scaffold for complex problem solvingskill acquisition in an educational massively multiplayer online game environment. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 45(3), 265-287.